Announcements and Important Events
INFORMATION REGARDING ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION AT WINNACUNNET HIGH SCHOOL 2017-2018
- Physical Examination: A physical examination is required of all athletes prior to the first practice session. Physical exams must take place after June 1 (June 1, 2017) of the previous school year by a physician (medical doctor, primary care physician). The physical will be honored for the entire school year.
- Athletic Contract: A signed athletic contract must be signed electronically before you are eligible to participate in any sport. The contract information and the emergency card must be completed by going to https://www.familyid.com/winnacunnet-high-school
Scholastic Standing: The NHIAA policy on scholastic standing states: No pupil who has failed to pass four (4) units of work (a unit of work reflects a course that meets the equivalent of five times per week) during the previous ranking period (This is interpreted as the school’s previous ranking period, not the student’s previous ranking period.) shall represent the school in any interscholastic contest. A minimum of four (4) units of work per marking period is required for participation in interscholastic athletics. The Winnacunnet High School academic eligibility policy supercedes the NHIAA scholastic standing policy. A student must pass a minimum of FIVE courses in the trimester immediately preceding the respective athletic season. If the season spans two trimesters, the student must remain eligible based on the grades received during the subsequent marking period. Only courses that award credits count toward eligibility.
All incoming freshmen are immediately academically eligible for interscholastic participation in athletics for the FALL season.
- All paperwork (physical exam form, contract, emergency medical treatment card) is due on or before the first day of practice. Anyone who has not completed it will not be allowed to practice until it is completed. Parents must sign in to https://www.familyid.com/winnacunnet-high-school to complete the registration process. Emergency treatment information and the contract are online at the above site. The physical exam form must be handed in to the athletic office or the coach.
- The student athlete handbook is written to help you better understand and appreciate the purpose and goals of the athletic program at Winnacunnet High School. Please read the booklet carefully and make sure you understand the commitment you are about to make.
- We currently offer 26 varsity sports, 13 JV sports, 10 Freshman sports. The sports and teams are listed on the first page of the student athlete handbook.
Access Sports Medicine offers sports physicals for $5.00 in July and August. The dates this year are:
Tuesday JULY 25th 155 Borthwick Ave Portsmouth, NH 603-431-3575
Thursday JULY 27th 13 Plaistow Rd Plaistow, NH 603-382-1559
Tuesday AUGUST 1st 19 Webb Place Dover, NH 603-842-4289
Thursday AUGUST 3rd 323 Gonic Road Rochester, NH 603-330-3888
Monday AUGUST 7th 1 Hampton Rd Exeter, NH 603-775-7575
Tuesday AUGUST 8th 6 Freetown Rd Raymond, NH 603-895-6224
Convenient MD offers sports physical as well. They are located at 1 Portsmouth Ave. Exeter 603-772-3600
We encourage you to see your own physician for a physical exam but if the date is not between June 1, 2017 and the start of the season, take advantage of these opportunities, but keep appointments scheduled with your Primary Care Physician.